Saturday, April 30, 2011

Garden Update 2


Since my last update these little beauties sure have grown!
The tomato stalks are thickening up and getting those little 'tomato hairs' and true leaves!
I wake up every morning and peek at them to see the changes and there are usually significant changes just overnight!
I've learned that the seedlings need lots of water and they are LOVING the unfiltered sun they're getting this week since the weather is so nice out there!
This weekend will definitely be transplant weekend as I think they need a bigger space to continue their growth. Read on for pictures!:)


Tomato plants both cherry and regular.

Some more tomato plant goodness:)

My unwieldy Parsley.
My friend Louise of Neckfluffs is not only a wonderful crafter, she's a gardener extraordinaire! She visited and had a good laugh at my tomato clusters and my overplanting of everything BUT green beans. Yea.. I planted one stalk. Who knew that i'll only probably end up with a handful of beans? We got a good laugh over that one especially!:)
She recommended that i trim some of these stalks...I guess i didn't trim enough! I will definitely take her advice to plant in rows next year.
I did take her advice to separate the tomatoes into little peat pots though and i'll be starting all my seeds that way next year!

I love the curl of this leaf - the seed leaves going away i'm assuming. (this is the bean stalk)

How wonderful to see little purple flowers growing on the bean stalk!! and Ahem...GREENBEANS!!!

this guy is getting too tall for his chopstick stake. What? I'm resourceful:D I will be heading to the craft store for dowels this weekend!

Cute cucumber plant! Isn't it gorgeous?

Green pepper. I am so thrilled about this guy. 

I didn't plant these but my husband bought this plant for Valentine's day and i'm so thrilled to see it blooming again!:)

Red Maple
What's THIS?! A red maple courtesy a sweet lady at my husband's school. She gave it to him when his mom passed. We live in an apartment and probably can't keep this guy so we will probably be donating to a local garden.
This is sad because i'd LOVE to keep it! Would it be cruel to raise a maple in a large pot? I could keep trimming it so it wouldn't hit the ceiling.......? No? Ah c'mon!

I guess i better go read up on transplanting plants and get to gardening this weekend. I hope the weather is conducive to gardening :)

ETA: A few days ago i found out about Sprout Robot 
What a GREAT idea!! I'm all signed up. It basically allows you to input your zipcode and the plants you want to grow. Then Sprout Robot will email you updates as to when to set your seeds etc and garden care for it. It is fantastic! I wish i'd known about it before i started but I think i'm doing pretty good :)
Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. my plants are finally growing and stuff. only baby cucs though. i want other baby veg!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...