Wednesday, September 28, 2011

IF: Ferocious!



Illustration Friday!!!!!!!
I haven't done illo friday in....hm...forever?
Quick fun fact - I met my sweet husband because of illustration friday!
Read on for our story:)



He commented on my artwork back in 2006 and that started the commenting /emailing/instant messaging/ phone calling/ flying billions of miles-ing and eventually, marrying. Fun! I wonder what the illo friday journey is going to bring this time? I'm open to receive whatever that may be.
My friend Beth did a few illustration fridays and we had the most amazing and fun girl art date on monday - Hi Beth!
She and I committed to doing the illustration friday prompt 'Ferocious'.
I felt really inspired after having a conversation with her today, so after running errands, I ran home to paint!
I love what ended up coming out.
I decided that 'ferocious' was a wee bit violent for me so i tried to figure out how i could put a positive spin on it.
I'm not really a shoe girl but i felt like doing a loose fashion illustration. (i've never done anything like this before) I figured people often refer to shoes as 'fierce' so I figured i'd try some sexy orange red stilettos.
This was SO much fun to paint in this loose style. I love this whole 'not being attatched to the outcome' way of doing things lately.
Can't wait to paint some more!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...