Thursday, March 3, 2011

Have Courage



I'm not much of a collector. I don't really like 'stuff'. I like the idea of having a collection of things. Perhaps a giant bookshelf full of my favourite books but i'm more inclined to obsessively purge those books through freecycle or a thrift shop.
This past summer, I bought my first Kate Spade idiom bangle.
I bought it the weekend that hurricane Ivan was supposed to clip us. It's a gorgeous stormy blue and says ' the calm before the storm'. I thought it was funny. At the time I didn't have the kind of job where I could wear a delicate bangle without scratching it so it lived in its little box, carefully treasured till I could wear it.
I continued to snatch up these little treasures and squirrel them away till I could wear them lots and lots. I love these in part for the gorgeous colours and partly for the fun sayings inside. The sayings are plain fun, thought provoking and some even lend a little courage.

On the last day of my old job, I had soo many emotions. I was sad (not that it was over), relieved, confused, mentally and physically exhausted, but mostly I was terrified. I didn't have another job and except for school (which was a huge stress because i was behind) I had no plan.
No. Plan.
Underneath all of that, I felt hopeful and I held on to that. 
I went home, took a shower and changed. Went to Kate with a leftover birthday gift card and I bought the pretty pink and red bangle that simply states ' Have Courage'. And I did. Cuz my bracelet told me to :)

P.S I've been wearing my bangles a lot a lot :)


1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog hon! Looking forward to more great posts like these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...